An “Emerging Business Enterprise” is defined as a small business enterprise (including its affiliates) which is independently owned and operated and has been operational for at least six months. The Emerging Business Enterprise must not be dominant in the field of operation in which it is bidding for City contracts, and must also fulfill the following field-specific criteria:
- Manufacturing firms: average annual employment not exceeding 500 people.
- Non-manufacturing Wholesalers firms: average annual employment not exceeding 100 people.
- Non-manufacturing Retail Trade firms: average annual receipts not exceeding $7.5 million dollars.
- Service firms: average annual receipts not exceeding $7.5 million dollars.
- Construction and Contractor firms: average annual receipts not exceeding $15 million dollars.
If your business fits this definition and is registered as a vendor with the City of Wichita, you may be eligible for EBE certification.
Get your business EBE-Certified
Submitting an application takes just a few minutes.
The EBE application review process typically takes 3-4 weeks.
To ask questions about the EBE program or get help with your application, contact Chris Haislett at email@example.com. You can also find information on the City of Wichita Purchasing Department website.